Whatever You Do Camp is an exciting new idea that Four Oaks Kids is launching this summer, June 11th-15th from 9AM to 12PM here at Four Oaks Killearn!
In Colossians 3, the apostle Paul says, “Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord, and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.”
His point is clear and is one that is so important for Christians to live by. Whatever we do, we are called to serve the Lord and work heartily at it! Not just certain things. Not just “church work”. Not just things that are overtly Christian. Whatever. Everything. All of it is to be done unto the Lord, whether we’re working a job, going to school, playing a sport, singing a song, painting a canvas…whatever! That is the Biblical basis for Whatever You Do Camp!
It’s a bit different from anything we’ve ever done…here’s how it works:
- Whatever You Do Camp is open to all rising 1st-6th Graders from Four Oaks Killearn and Midtown. Since this is our first year doing this, we are not opening it to the public as we learn the ropes and work out the kinks, so Four Oaks Families only.
- You will register your child for a certain camp “track”. All of our tracks are detailed below with links to each registration form.
- Registration is $20 per child, and includes snacks, supplies, and a t-shirt.
- We will begin our day in the sanctuary with a time of worship and teaching. From there, our track leaders will take their group to their area for the rest of the morning.
- Children will learn skills related to their track from their track leader all week. They will have lots of fun doing it! We will break for a snack each day, but the bulk of the morning will be spent in their track.
- On Friday, parents will be invited to a showcase where children will share what they have learned.
A couple of important things to bear in mind as you register your children:
- Registration is limited to a certain number of children per track, so register early! We will have a waiting list once tracks are at capacity.
- You will need to register each of your children on a separate online form.
- Some tracks are limited to 4th-6th graders due to the nature of the skills being covered. Please speak to Shannon Pifer if you have any questions about this.
- Ukulele Choir requires each child to bring their own ukulele each day. They can be purchased inexpensively (under $50) at a music store or online. We have linked a good option on the registration form, but any ukulele will do.
One other thing to consider… We need lots of volunteers to pull this off! Our track leaders are set but they will need extra hands to help out each day. We will also need help with check-in and check-out and snack time. Please consider volunteering, keeping in mind:
- We will have childcare for nursery and preschool age children of volunteers.
- Elementary age children of volunteers will get to attend WYD camp at no charge. Volunteers must commit to serving every day of camp to receive this discount.
- Click Here to complete a short online form to register as a volunteer.
We are so excited to offer Whatever You Do Camp to our Four Oaks families this summer! Read about all of our awesome tracks below, and sign your kids up before registration is full. Talk to Shannon Pifer if you have any questions.