Do you ever feel like your desire for God is waning? Or are you numb to the routine of church? Have you truly been awakened to the wonder of the gospel? As Christian men, God calls us to not only believe the gospel but to experience an ever-growing delight in it to the point that our sin becomes increasingly bitter and Christ becomes our supreme treasure.
In our three sessions taught by Jared Wilson, we will explore the following topics:
- What is Gospel Wakefulness?
- The Excellencies of Christ
- Deep Gospel, Deep Mission
Jared C. Wilson is the Director of Content Strategy for Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary and Managing Editor of For The Church, Midwestern's site for gospel-centered resources. Jared also is the author of more than ten books, including Gospel Wakefulness, The Pastor’s Justification, and Your Jesus IsToo Safe, and blogs at The Gospel-Driven Church, hosted by The Gospel Coalition.
Jared is not a catalytic "agent of change" or a visionary anything. He is a failed church planter and once made a mess of his marriage. He likes food too much and worries way too much about what people think, and he's definitely not all that he's cracked up to be. After 20 years of ministry, he's mainly learned that he's kind of a nincompoop. But he knows Jesus loves him.
On Saturday afternoon, men will have the opportunity to participate in 2 activity sessions, each lasting around 2 hours. When you register, choose 2 of the 4 awesome activities listed below!
- Riverboat Cruise & Snorkeling: Take a ride on the riverboat and stop along the way to go snorkeling in the Suwannee River.
- Kayaking: Explore the Suwannee River on one of our 2-person kayaks.
- Paintball: Grab a paintball gun and head out to our course for a paintball battle.
- Marksmanship: Bring your own guns and supplies to enjoy a friendly competition, including target practice and skeet shooting.
You can also check out the videos at www.campanderson.org/activities to better understand what you’re getting into!
Note About Boating:
Men are welcome to bring their boats to the campground and use the boat dock onsite all day Friday or Saturday afternoon.
Camp Anderson (536 NE 168 Avenue, Old Town, FL 32680)
*Camp Anderson is about 2 hours drive from Tallahassee. For more information, visit www.campanderson.org.
- Renovated Cabins (bunk-style beds)
- RV hookups (for an additional $20 fee)
- New Swimming Pool
- Basketball Courts
- Boat Ramp on the Suwannee River
- Water Blob on the River
Friday, April 22
- 1-5 pm - Campgrounds are open for fishing, boating, swimming, & basketball
- 5-6:30 pm - Check-In
- 6:30 pm - Dinner
- 8 pm - Sessions #1 & Breakout Groups
Saturday, April 23
- 8 am - Breakfast
- 9 am - Session #2
- 10:30 am - Session #3 & Breakout Groups
- 12:30 pm - Lunch
- 1:30 pm - Activity Session (choose from kayaking, riverboat cruise & snorkeling, paintball, and marksmanship)
- 4 pm - Activity Session
- 6:30 pm - Celebration Dinner
- 8 pm - Check-out and leave
The men’s retreat is a great opportunity to get to know each other through worship, fellowship, and just hanging out. The drive over and rooming together can also be a great way to spend quality time with others. After you register, you will be emailed links to sign up for a room and to carpool, either as a rider or a driver.
The retreat cost is $95 through April 3 and $120 beginning April 4. This includes 1 night of lodging, conference materials (including the book Gospel Wakefulness), Friday dinner and Saturday breakfast, lunch & dinner, and 2 activity sessions. Men should bring their own bedding and towels. Men can also hook up an RV or camper onsite for a fee of $20.
To contribute to the scholarship fund, add your donation to the fee when you register. To request a scholarship, please contact Pastor Scott before registering.
Contact Pastor Scott (850-385-6572)