There are 2 ways of living: the way that leads to life and blessing and the way that leads to death and destruction. As men, God invites us to walk in the way of the righteous. But what does this way really look like, particularly in our current culture where it seems like godliness and blessing don’t go together?
In our 3 sessions taught by our pastors, we will look at “The Blessed Man” in Psalm 1. Specifically, we will explore the following topics:
- The Man Who Meditates
- The Man Who Resists Temptation
- The Man Who Flourishes
On Saturday afternoon, men will have the opportunity to participate in 2 activity sessions, each lasting around 2 hours. When you register, choose 2 of the 4 awesome activities listed below!
- Riverboat Cruise & Snorkeling: Take a ride on the riverboat and stop along the way to go snorkeling in the Suwannee River.
- Kayaking: Explore the Suwannee River on one of our 2-person kayaks.
- Paintball: Grab a paintball gun and head out to our course for a paintball battle.
- Marksmanship: Bring your own guns and supplies to enjoy a friendly competition, including target practice and skeet shooting.
You can also check out the videos at www.campanderson.org/activities to better understand what you’re getting into!
Note About Boating:
Men are welcome to bring their boats to the campground and use the boat dock onsite all day Friday or Saturday afternoon.
Camp Anderson (536 NE 168 Avenue, Old Town, FL 32680)
*Camp Anderson is about 2 hours drive from Tallahassee. For more information, visit www.campanderson.org.
- Renovated Cabins (bunk-style beds)
- RV hookups (for an additional $20 fee)
- New Swimming Pool
- Basketball Courts
- Boat Ramp on the Suwannee River
- Water Blob on the River
Friday, March 31
- 1-5 pm - Campgrounds are open, including fishing, boating, swimming, basketball & the blob
- 5-6:30 pm - Check-In
- 6:30 pm - Dinner
- 8 pm - Sessions #1 & Breakout Groups
- 9:30 pm - Dodgeball & Hang out
Saturday, April 1
- 8 am - Breakfast
- 9 am - Session #2
- 10:30 am - Session #3 & Breakout Groups
- 12:15 pm - Lunch
- 1:00 pm - Activity Session (choose from kayaking, riverboat cruise & snorkeling, paintball, and marksmanship)
- 3:30 pm - Activity Session
- 6:00 pm - Pig Roast & March Madness
- 8 pm - Check-out and leave
The men’s retreat is a great opportunity to get to know each other through worship, fellowship, and just hanging out. The drive over and rooming together can also be a great way to spend quality time with others. After you register, you will be emailed links to sign up for a room and to carpool, either as a rider or a driver.
The retreat cost is $99 through February 28 and $125 beginning March 1. This includes 1 night of lodging, conference materials, Friday dinner, Saturday breakfast, lunch & dinner, and 2 activity sessions. Men should bring their own bedding and towels. Men can also hook up an RV or camper onsite for a fee of $20.
To contribute to the scholarship fund, add your donation to the fee when you register. To request a scholarship, please contact Pastor Scott before registering.
Contact Pastor Scott (850-385-6572)