The Four Oaks Killearn Weekly
Dear Four Oaks Folks,
One of the things that I look forward to doing every summer is to take some spiritual inventory of my life. The school year can be so full and packed that I kind of feel like I am being carried away down a whitewater river, sans paddle and boat. As such, it’s hard to find the time to meaningfully reflect and think about my life: I’m too busy trying to stay afloat! The summer, however, gives me a chance to catch my breath and to start to ask myself some questions: how am I doing spiritually? Where have the “weeds” started to take over the crop of fruit that God is wanting to grow in my life? What about my spiritual disciplines – where have I grown lazy and passive? There are a hundred questions like these we need to be asking, and the summer season is a prime time to do so.
As we continue our trek through the Gospel of John, Jesus gets us to reflect on the most foundational and important spiritual-inventory questions of all: “Is my faith real? Is it genuine?” Jesus raises these questions not because He wants to scare us, but because of how much He loves us. John tells us that Jesus came to save us by laying his life down for us, his sheep. Yet, for us to be saved, this means that we must recognize Jesus as our shepherd, trusting in Him and Him alone for our salvation.
Hope to see you Sunday as we take some spiritual inventory by looking at the nature of biblical faith in John 2: 23-25.
Potluck and Church Family Meeting
- Join us at 5:30pm on June 14 for a Potluck Dinner & Church Family Meeting, where the pastors and elders will present the new budget and other items that will be on the Membership Ballot.
- We'll have childcare for 5th grade & under.
- All kids will check-in and have a Chick-fil-a dinner in their classrooms.
- Click here to sign up to bring a potluck dish and/or reserve childcare.
Safari Sundays Kick-off Lunch on 6/4 at 12:30pm
- We will kick off our WILD summer with a lunch for 4Oaks Kids and their families.
- Meet at the Watering Hole (Youth Room) on June 4 after the second service.
- Sign up here
- We still a Preschool Worship Leader for 2nd service.
- This is an excellent way to serve our school-year volunteers, by giving them the summer off.
- Thanks to everyone who has signed up as a summer volunteer!
- Volunteer here
- Choose from titles such as Redemption by Mike Wilkerson, Crazy Busy by Kevin DeYoung, The Prodigal God by Timothy Keller, and more.
- Books clubs begin in June or July and run for 4-5 week.
- Sign up here.
- Wednesday Night Large Group is finished for the semester. CLICK HERE for the NEW 5th-12th grade summer calendars.
- Our next summer day trip for 7th-12th grade students is June 29 (Tubing @ the Itchetucknee)! CLICK HERE for more info and to register.
- Registration for Salt and Light Camp 2017 is now open! Camp is July 30th-August 3rd and is open to all rising 4th-6th graders. CLICK HERE to register.
- Go to 4oaksstudents.com for the most current information.
- Join us on 7/2 at 6pm for a potluck dinner and dessert to hear from our gospel partners as they talk about how God is using them in Morocco.
- Childcare is provided for nursery through Pre-K! Please RSVP for childcare by 6/29 so we can plan accordingly.
- Sign up for childcare and/or to bring a dish to share.
Summer Safari VBS at Wildwood
- We are partnering with Wildwood to present VBS this year for ages are K-6th grade.
- Pack your bags and get ready for the Serengeti-where kids get WILD ABOUT GOD!
- The dates are June 20-23 from 9am-12:30pm.
- Sign up your child for Wildwood's VBS here.
- Can you help? Sign up to volunteer for Wildwood's VBS here.
Join a Community Group!
- Members of Community Groups meet regularly in homes throughout the city for discipleship, care, and mission.
- Groups are led by trained lay-leaders in the church who are given ongoing support and oversight by an elder and pastor.
- Get help finding a Killearn Community Group
- See a map of all of our Community Groups
|Last Week's Giving||$42,373|
|Weekly Giving Needed to Meet Budget||$40,808|
|May MTD Actual||$149,183|
|May MTD Budget||$163,322|